Mediating conflicts in the community setting can be hugely rewarding. Unlike other disciplines of conflict resolution it often takes place in people’s homes, in a informal setting. You may be facilitating clients who live next to each other but have hardly met. You can read more about Community Mediation here.
Amongst other things, we act as a mediation provider to housing residents who would not otherwise have the means to resolve their difficulties. Although volunteering is a common reason why many choose to train with Calm Mediation, it is not the only one. Those mediating community conflicts for Calm Mediation often speak about the immense satisfaction of contributing to the well-being of their community.
Legal professionals gain a valuable set of skills, enabling them to broaden their activities during and following careers as barristers, legal aids and solicitors.
Although we are a service provider to many housing bodies, our training is popular with managers there. Staff trained in mediation contribute to greater efficiency of the service as a whole, resulting in the provision of better support for their residents.
Many housing officers request the training themselves as it provides a blueprint to handling residents’ emotions directed at themselves or others, raising job satisfaction and decreasing stress in the process.
Munevver Humphreys Bill Goodrham S.A. RemaBegum
Time for skills practice
Good trainers who knew their subject
Over all it was a learning curve for me.
Enthusiasm from the facilitators was remarkable
Volunteer with Victim Support's Anti Social Behaviour Team
The combination of theory and practice worked very well
I will find it easy to implement in my working and personal life
Opportunity to practice the skills via role play
Your comprehensive training path:
We organise our training events with the help of the Eventbrite platform:
|Community Mediation Accreditation||6 days||None|
|Conversion opportunity for those trained elsewhere but wish to learn the Community Mediation model||1 day||Accreditation (in any discipline of conflict resolution)|
|Induction||1 day||Attend Conversion training|
|Individual supervision||1 hour||Free for Calm Mediators|
|Group supervision||2 hours||Free for Calm Mediators|
|And many training sessions to support mediators’ ongoing skills’ development||2-10 hours||Varies|
All of the above offer opportunities to gain CPD points and we are constantly working on more development sessions. Join our mailing list to be notified as soon as relevant training is scheduled.
Do you have more questions?
Let us call you back when we are in the office again:
Why Train with Calm Mediation?
- We have achieved the Open College Network London Quality Mark, which recognises our high standards as a training provider. OCN London is a respected qualifications body accredited by OfQual. For our accredited practitioner training, they check that our work assessing learners’ practical skills and written assignments meets the required standards.
- Our training is delivered by experienced, accredited practitioners with an enthusiasm for what they do and a willingness to share their experience and insights.
- Our training covers both theory and practice, with plenty of opportunity to try out skills in realistic role plays.
- Our competitive fees cover all training materials, lunches and refreshments, and (where appropriate) accreditation.
- Unlike most providers of mediation/RJ training, Calm Mediation can offer (depending on vacancies) the opportunity to practise and develop your new skills on real cases. Read more about volunteering opportunities with us.
- Community mediation and RJ practitioner courses offer lower cost options for those who do not wish/need to gain full accreditation.